Exceptionally successful, competitive, racing class.
Adrenaline packed racing and a full-on social scene. The RS200 is one of the most popular two person sailboats of today. Perfect for moderate weight teams, it's a winner with mixed crews, young sailors and family teams - at clubs, championships and on the RS Racing Circuit. Strict one-design rules keep the competition tight and the budget in control. So it's all about exciting sailing and a good time ashore in the RS community. This Class attracts rock stars and newbies like almost no other. It was one of RS's first - and it's still one of our favorites.
A wide range of sailor sizes and experience levels can enjoy the RS200. Low sheet loads on the jib and an easy one-line asymmetric system mean the RS200 responds to finesse rather than physique. Fully adjustable toe straps suit long and short legs. The rig encourages this size range too: modern developments in power control mean that there is a broader competitive weight range and improved handling in all conditions. Great for both men and women, young and old.
- Highly competitive Class with a vibrant social scene on the RS Racing Circuit
- Big fleets and close, tactical racing
- Adrenaline and pace
- Designed for moderate weight teams
- Popular with couples and young sailors
- Spacious and deep cockpit for comfortable hiking
- Toe straps adjustable for both height and reach
- Thwart gives comfortable light wind crew position.
- Open transom allows the RS200 to virtually self drain after a capsize and a moulded self bailer quickly removes remaining water
- Immensely strong hull laminate ensures a long competitive life
- Fittings layout designed for all combinations of strength and experience in the helm and crew.
- Either sailor can perform important functions such as spinnaker hoists / drops - cunningham - vang
- Top quality fittings
- Pivoting centreboard and rudder for easy launch and recovery
- GRP sandwich construction for strong, light, high performance foils.
- Superb rig design giving power control and a broad competitive weight range
- Excellent handling in all conditions
- Mylar mainsail with soft full-length battens to reduce "ragging" and extend the life of the sail - yet allowing the sail to de-power at rest.
- Dacron jib is easy to "read" in light winds. Low sheet loads so even the lightest of sailors enjoy the ride
- Asymmetric spinnaker with single line hoist and drop system
- Harken deck fittings
- Continuous 16:1 kicker
- Capsize righting lines
- Top cover - Breathable polycotton
- Under cover
- Launching trolley
- Road trailer base
- Padded rudder bag
- Carbon tiller extension
- Burgee wind indicator
- Tack tick micro compass - Inc mast bracket
- Brand: RS Sailing
- Product Code: RS2-BP-100
- Availability: In Stock